Wednesday 1 June 2011

Day 2: Kingscliff to Pottsville

The first day on my lonesome I woke up to puring rain. Not exactly ideal conditions for a 17km walk to Pottsville but I told myself at least it would keep me cool. Wearing my wet weather gear I left Kingscliff around 530 and did not encounter a single drop of rain until I checked into Pottsville. The weather was actually perfect. From Peppers I followed the beach down to Caberita and watched 50 or so surfers making the most of the conditions off the headland.

Apart from a bizzare encounter with a couple of white and black rabbits on the beach the walk to Pottsville was mostly uneventful. For the entire distance I managed to maintain a good speed of 5km/hr. but ended up with several good size blisters for my trouble. Limping in to Pottsville I was very glad to have a hot shower and put the feet up at the Pottsville Beach Motel. Thanks to the Chris's who put me up for the night and feed me with Tong's Thai. I have a feeling tomorrow's 20km walk to Brunswick Heads will be a test....

1 comment:

  1. Ahh the lil rabbits must have been wishing you well.
    Ouch re the blisters, hope your feet have got used to the rigors of walking!!! Luv Sharon

    ReplyDelete