Tuesday 7 June 2011

Day 7: Byron Bay to Lennox Heads

After 3 days of RnR in Byron Bay it was about time I got on with the walk. I would not be as well rested as I was, if it were not for the amazing hospitality of The Holiday Village who provided 2 nights complimentary accommodation. I have to say a huge thanks to Marc, Ben and all the crew who went out of their way to help me and support the Walk Against Want.  
Hitting the beach at 10am on Saturday morning I made tracks towards Lennox with my great mate Johno who had decided to support my walk and join me on my travels to Yamba. Walking south from Cape Byron the conditions were ideal and we arrived at Broken Heads around 1130. Continuing along Seven Mile Beach Road and over the headlands proved to be a huge workout for the legs especially carrying my 30kg pack.
   After walking 5miles on Seven Mile Beach the legs had thrown in the towel and I was forced to make camp on the beach only a few kilometers out of Lennox Heads. After a large bowl of plain white rice for dinner it was lights out at 530pm. Despite a terrible sleep due to the cold weather and heavy dew, we woke to a glorious sunrise heralding the start of a new day.


......Ballina here I come.


No comments:

Post a Comment