Tuesday 7 June 2011

Day 8: Lennox Heads to Ballina

Well what a day. A day to remember, not for the fun or the pleasure, but for the pain! Today was by far the hardest day I have encountered. After a terrible sleep I started the walk fatigued with badly blistered feet. One toe nail had turned black and started to fall out. I knew this day was not going to be easy.



Walking out of Lennox Heads we encountered the first of several killer hills. Drained of energy and fluids I was absolutely exhausted as I entered Ballina. Upon arrival at The Comfort Inn I collapsed on the lobby floor and put the feet up to get the blood flowing back to the head so I didn't faint. I was.....stuffed!

I have not endured this pain for no reason. I am asking all those that read this blog to please donate by calling Oxfam Australia on 1800088110 and mentioning my walk to Sydney. Otherwise jump on to: www.everydayhero.com.au/glen_hammermeister to donate. Please dig deep. Your donation will go a long way towards saving the lives of people living in the world's poorest communities. And they are a huge source of motivation for me to continue, especially after days like this. If you have donated please ask your friends and family to donate too. Thank you all very much for your support. Hopefully I'll be in Evans Head with the next blog.....

No comments:

Post a Comment