Wednesday 10 August 2011

Day 73: Swansea to Budgewoi

Today was a much longer walk than the last couple. Walked for a solid three hours to haul my sorry self to Catherine Hill Bay, an old coal mining Village in one of the most stunning coves. I stopped at the renowned pub on the hill for breakfast which i'm sure to your surprise didn't include any amber ales. The publican and staff were iconic Australians, if there is such a thing. Wonderfully warm, welcoming and down to earth. After an hours break and a barrel of laughs I hit the road again.

Tried to take myself on every short cut possible but all were dead ends! Defeated I took the long and known road to Budgelwoi.

Long day = tired = awesome sleep.

Please donate by calling oxfam on 1800088110 or log on to www.everydayhero.com.au/glen_hammermeister

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment