Monday 18 July 2011

Day 45: Lake Cathie to Laurieton

I'm currently sitting here in the main street of Laurieton writing this and thinking about the days events. I'm afraid there's not much to report. Had a pretty ordinary night sleep. It was a freezing cold morning. Toes and fingers became numb. A veil of fog rose from where water meets beach blocking my view out to sea or towards the distant headland where I was to arrive some hours later.

The sun eventually came out to play and warmed things up. I stopped in the quaint little town of Bonny hills. It was no Bonny Doon but as I sat down for a break looking out over the beach and rocky outcrop I couldn't help sigh and think, how's the serenity of it all?


Bonny Hills
A relatively easy days walk followed down the beach to Camden Haven. From memory there is nothing worthy of mentioning. The headland did remind me of the pushed up pointed nose of a great white shark though.

A view of Camden Haven Headlands
Following the Camden Haven River upstream I passed North Haven and eventually settled at the foot of a hill in the small hamlet of Laurieton.

Nestled at the foot of the hills, Laurieton.

Tomorrow it's off to Crowdy Head...thats all folks.

To Donate:
Call Oxfam Australia on 1800 088 110 and mention my walk or,
Follow this link: http://www.everydayhero.com.au/glen_hammermeister

No comments:

Post a Comment