Tuesday 19 July 2011

Day 51: Manning Point to Old Bar

Farm on the Manning
I've been trying to stick to the beach for as much of this journey as humanly possibly. I've climbed over headlands and swam across rivers to keep this pledge. However the Manning River is a unique river system with two entrances to the ocean and features a vast delta system with a complex network of branching creeks and swamps. The terrain has consequently forced me to follow the road from Manning Point to Old Bar today. Although walking on bitumen puts the feet under a great deal of pressure the change of scenery was welcome.

Source: Greater Taree City Council. Available from: http://www.gtcc.nsw.gov.au/


The Manning River
I rolled into Old Bar around 230pm and set up camp. Close to where I was camped I found a public toilet with this sign on it. The brick building was surrounded by reasonable lush at least very green grass. I should have taken a photo of that too but I found it astonishing that such a sign could even be erected. Its a sad day indeed when games are forbidden to be played. I'm suspecting the sign comes in response to public lawsuits. What ever happened to individual responsibility and common sense? Common sense is not so common these days I hear.  
Really? I never new anyone had the authority to forbid the playing of games. Sorry kids you'll have to go back inside and play on your Xbox!

To Donate:
Call Oxfam Australia on 1800 088 110 and mention my walk or,
Follow this link: http://www.everydayhero.com.au/glen_hammermeister

No comments:

Post a Comment